1 cup uncooked quinoa (about 4 cups quinoa cooked)
1 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 medium tomato
3 green scallions
1/8 cup minced cilantro
1/8 cup basil
2 medium garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the quinoa, bring 2 cups of water or stock to boil covered with a lid. Once water is boiling, add 1 cup quinoa and 1 tablespoon olive oil, stir and cover. Once quinoa mixture is boiling again, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let stand for 20 minutes. Makes about 4 servings.
2. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and olive oil to quinoa. Set quinoa mixture aside to cool.
3. Chop up green bell pepper, red bell pepper, (seeded) tomato, and green scallions. Add to top of quinoa mixture.
4. Mince cilantro, basil, and garlic (or press garlic). Add to top of quinoa mixture.
5. Stir all of the quinoa mixture ingredients thoroughly together.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Refrigerate covered. Let quinoa marinade for at least four hours refrigerated if possible. Then serve.
8. Enjoy this delicious gluten free traditionally middle eastern dish with veggies.