The day of our flight to Japan, included a very early rising for my husband who took all eight bags of luggage and one pet to the airport to check-in with the help of my brother-in-law. Then my husband came back to our hotel, in the Sea-Tac airport, and we all went to the airport to check-in and make our way to the terminal.
Once we got on the flight, things were wonderful. Our sons were excited, and we had their books, toys, notebooks, and Nooks and DS2 players charged and ready for the ten hour flight.
Our youngest wasn’t as easy, but we tried to keep her occupied with books, coloring, reading, walking up and down the aisles, more walking up and down the aisles and breastfeeding. It seems sleeping wasn’t necessary for her during the flight. She may have logged in two hours total of rest.
Upon arrival at Yokota, Air Force base the following happened:
1. Customs inspection on board plane
2. Dept of agriculture onboard
3. Customs talk in Air Force terminal
4. Get through customs with paperwork
5. Get baggage and pets.
6. Load onto shuttle bus or get prearranged van if you have a pet.
7. Drive from Yokota Air Force base to drivable destination, Yokosuka in our case, or stay at Yokota AF base or fly onto other destination.
Welcome to Japan!